Everybody Makes A Difference Every day!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Yankee Air Museum! Volunteers are an essential part of our Museum as they represent the Museum to our visitors and keep things running efficiently. Volunteering at the Yankee Air Museum gives you the opportunity to learn about various global conflicts, aviation, history, and STEM research, while also learning about the millions of people who kept the country afloat at home. You will also be able to meet and befriend people with similar interests. Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities.
General Volunteer Duties Include:
- Interviewers for Oral History
- Museum Special Events Support
- Administrative Volunteers
- Air Show Volunteers
- Museum Ambassadors
- Restoration Projects
- Building Maintenance
Some Volunteer positions require additional training and a proven commitment to the volunteer program.
*Docents and Tour Guides:
- Docents and Tour Guides are Volunteers trained to give guided tours throughout the Museum to visiting school groups and daily public tours.
- A total of 12-15 hours of training will be provided over several days, plus required continuing education sessions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for the duration of your shift.
- Basic computer skills and a working email address are required for departmental communication.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to our Museum guests.
For more information on volunteering at the Yankee Air Museum, please contact Tom Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org