Title: Client Relations Manager
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours/ week
Reports To: Director of Air Adventures, Membership & Communications
Work Schedule: Wednesday-Sunday
Founded in 1981, The Yankee Air Museum dedicates itself to educating individuals through the history of American aeronautics, aerospace industries and their associated technologies while inspiring generations through personal experiences to instill pride in our national accomplishments.
Yankee Air Museum also puts on one of the country’s premier airshows, known as Thunder Over Michigan. For more information on Yankee Air Museum, visit www.yankeeairmuseum.org
This person will be the main point of contact for the Museum’s members and customers. Responsible for but not limited to, processing memberships, event ticket sales, scheduling group tours as well as clerical duties in the department including data entry, filing, ordering office supplies, mailing, etc. Assists with membership renewal, acquisition programs, and supports the Director of Air Adventures, Membership & Communications with program processing. Maintains a presence and promotes memberships at select Museum activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Clerical responsibilities related to membership, group tours, and Air Adventures
• Assist with membership activities including direct mail, benefits, acknowledgements, fundraising
• Support printing large-scale mailing; insert, label, and mail printed materials
• Address member and customer inquiries through email and telephone within 24 hours
• Scheduling and managing calendars
• Assists with the management of the monthly Historic Presentation Nights
• Assist with regular reporting.
• File membership information
• Assist staff on membership software systems and support front desk point-of-sale system
• Work with the Director to coordinate and implement strategies to increase sales and upgrades to enhance on-site member service
• Order supplies for the office
• Assists the Director or YAM Team with projects as needed
Necessary Education or Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in a customer service, marketing, development, membership, sales or non-profit management preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to develop productive relationships with members/donors/clients and internal staff
• Excellent computer skills, ability to learn or previous knowledge of Museum’s POS system Agile Ticketing, DonorPerfect or comparable, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Weekend and evening work required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to remain in a stationary position the majority of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as computer, printer, phone, and mailing machinery. The position requires frequent communication with Museum customers; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (that are not related to you).
Submit applications to:
Yankee Air Museum
47884 D St
Belleville, MI 48111
or email: Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. The Museum will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.