MICHIGAN’S LARGEST HISTORIC PLANE RIDE DESTINATION
Book an Air Adventure on one of our four historic aircraft and take a ride into history. Yankee Air Museum’s historic plane rides feature the B-17 Yankee Lady and B-25 Yankee Warrior bombers, the C-47 Hairless Joe Skytrain and the open-air cockpit Waco biplane. Our aircraft fly from May to October so act now to check off that bucket list item. A great gift for you or a family member.
*Don’t forget–a majority of the cost is also a tax-deductible donation.
CHOOSE THE AIRCRAFT FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
WHAT TO EXPECT
Click on a selection below to learn what to expect when taking your first Air Adventure in one of our historical aircrafts.
- Air Adventure locations, dates & times are subject to change due to reasons beyond our control. Flights may be cancelled due to, but not limited to: maintenance, weather and/or other circumstances. All sales are final for Air Adventure flights. All cancelled flights, for any reason, will be re-scheduled at a later date and/or time.
- Please bring your ticket with you when you arrive for your Air Adventure along with a valid ID.
- We ask that you arrive 45 minutes BEFORE your scheduled time and please dress appropriately for the weather. It is about 10-15 degrees cooler in the air than on the ground.
- It is also advised that you wear close-toed shoes.
- We do not reserve specific seats for any of our aircraft. Everyone will have the opportunity to explore all positions once in the air.
- Eat a light meal prior to the flight as it will make you feel better if we were to encounter turbulence.
- Ear protection is provided, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- The flight offers ample time to move about the aircraft so each passenger can experience different stations during flight. The exception, of course, is that you cannot sit in the pilot or co-pilot seats, we try to keep them in their own seats.
- All sources of digital media are welcome aboard to capture your incredible experience.
- All passengers are required to sign a Release of Liability upon arrival.
- We do ask that children between the ages of 8-12 be accompanied by an adult. Youth 13–17 can fly by themselves. All persons under 18 must have parental consent to fly.
- In the event the aircraft cannot fly (i.e. weather, mechanical issues, etc.), we will notify you as soon as possible and reschedule your Air Adventure.
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to your scheduled flight time to get checked in and briefed for your flight. At that time, you will be asked to present your ticket and a valid ID, and to sign a release form.
A crew member will discuss aircraft safety with you and the other riders beside the aircraft prior to engine start. All seating and flight procedures will be discussed at that time. You will then be taken aboard the aircraft and seat-belted for takeoff. All passengers must be seated and secured for engine start, taxi, and takeoff.
Once the aircraft is airborne, you will be allowed to walk about the aircraft as you like. Take this time to visit the various compartments of the aircraft like the nose, cockpit, waist, and tail sections. This is a great opportunity for you to take photos, video, or even stream your experience. Each passenger is allowed five minutes in the nose section of the B-17 and B-25 during flight.
A signal will be given to secure yourself for landing. At that time all passengers must be seated and secure for landing, taxi, and engine shutdown. The crew will help you exit the aircraft after shutdown and securing the aircraft.
*A majority of the ride cost is a tax-deductible donation to the Yankee Air Museum which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Contact your tax consultant for further information.
A GIFT OF ADVENTURE
YANKEE AIR MUSEUM GIFT CARD
Give the gift of adventure with a gift card that can be applied to fly on one of our beautifully restored World War Two Bombers, or feel the past while flying in the C-47 Hairless Joe, or travel back to the gilded age with a flight in our open-air cockpit, the Waco Biplane. Give the gift they will celebrate year-round!
Stay up-to-date on what is happening at the Yankee Air Museum by subscribing to our email list!