B-17 Yankee Lady
$450 per person/ $400 Museum Members
25 Min. Flight from Departure to Arrival
(min 5 passengers/ max 12 passengers)
B-25 Yankee Warrior
$400 per person/ $350 Museum Members
25 Min. Flight from Departure to Arrival
(min 3 passengers/ max 7 passengers)
$95.00 per person/ No Member Pricing
15 min. flight Fly The Pattern around the airport.
(Min 12 passengers/ Max 12 passengers)
$325 for 2 people or $225 for 1 person
$295 Museum Member for 2 people or $195 for 1 Museum Member
15 Min. Flight from Departure to Arrival
(min 1 passenger/ max 2 passengers who do not exceed the combined weight limit of 350 pounds)
What to Expect for Your Adventure:
Please arrive one hour prior to your scheduled flight time to get acquainted with the aircraft and crew. At that time, you will be asked to present your ticket and valid ID as well as to sign release forms.
A member of our crew who will fly with you will discuss aircraft safety with you and the other riders beside the aircraft prior to engine start. All seating and flight procedures will be discussed at that time. You will then be taken aboard the aircraft and seat-belted for takeoff. All passengers must be seated and secured for engine start, taxi, and takeoff.
Once the aircraft is airborne, you will be allowed to walk about the aircraft as you like. Take this time to visit the various compartments of the aircraft like the nose, cockpit, waist, and tail sections. This is a great opportunity for you to take photos, video, or even live streaming. Each passenger is allowed five minutes in the nose section of the B-17 and B-25 during flight.
A signal will be given to secure yourself for landing. At that time all passengers must be seated and secure for landing, taxi, and engine shutdown. The crew will help you exit the aircraft after shutdown and securing the aircraft.
Tips for Flying with the Yankee Air Museum
- Air Adventure locations, dates & times are subject to change due to many reasons beyond our control. Flights may be cancelled due to, but not limited to: maintenance, weather, and/or other circumstances. All sales are final for Air Adventure flights. All cancelled flights, resulting from any reason, will be re-scheduled at a later date and/or time.
- We offer steeply discounted B-17 and B-25 Air Adventures during our Thunder Over Michigan Air Show each year. Prices do increase gradually as we get closer to the date. A general admission pass to the airshow is included with the purchase of an Air Adventure, however, this offer ends 30 days prior to the show. Air Adventure rides booked less than 30 days to the airshow must purchase a general admission pass.
- We do not reserve seats for any of aircraft. Everyone will have the opportunity to explore all positions once in the air.
- We do ask that children between the ages of 6 – 12 be accompanied by an adult. Youth 13 – 17 can fly by themselves. All persons under 18 must have parental consent to fly.
- Please bring your ticket with you when you arrive for your Air Adventure along with a valid ID.
- We ask that you please arrive about one hour BEFORE your scheduled time and please dress appropriately for the weather. It is about 10-15 degrees cooler in the air than on the ground.
- It is also advised that you wear close-toed shoes.
- Eat a light meal 1-2hr prior to the flight as it will make your tummy feel better if we were to encounter light turbulence.
- Ear protection is provided, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- The flight offers ample time to move about the aircraft so each passenger can experience different stations during flight. The exception, of course, is that you cannot sit in the pilot or co-pilot seats, we try to keep them in their own seats.
- All sources of digital media are welcome aboard to capture your incredible experience.
- All passengers are required to sign a Release of Liability upon arrival.
- In the event the aircraft cannot fly (i.e. weather, mechanical issues, etc.), we will notify you as soon as possible and reschedule your Air Adventure.
We do not have an online option for purchasing a gift certificate. If you would like to purchase one as a gift, please call the Museum at 734-483-4030 and we will mail it to you. To redeem, please call the Museum to schedule your Air Adventure.
A majority of the cost is a tax-deductible donation to the Yankee Air Museum which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We suggest you contact your tax consultant for further information.